JAFA - "Just A Fan's Analysis", the award-winning No.1 Football Fan Mobile App of 2018!
JAFA is the digital home for football fans. It’s the place for football fan OPINION and DEBATE. Giving fans ALL the latest FOOTBALL NEWS and FAN OPINION personalised to them! Think Twitter for football. We’ve already secured partnerships with global brands such as Heineken, Betfair, Puma, and SportsDirect, with more big things on the way!
We are at the forefront of fan engagement and provide an excellent opportunity to learn and be a part of the rapidly growing London Tech scene. Despite only being just over a year old JAFA has grown exceptionally quickly and won a number of awards.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
• Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
• Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
• Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
• Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
• Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
• Transition existing Apps written in Swift and Java to React Native to create a new, performant and saleable code base
• Work with the existing API backend to implement existing features
• Work with the backend team to implement new features
• Knowledge of functional and object orientated programming
• Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
• Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio etc.
• Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
• Working knowledge of Redux and how to implement effective app-wide data stores
• Ability to deploy apps to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.