JAFA - "Just A Fan's Analysis", the award-winning No.1 Football Fan Mobile App of 2018!
JAFA is the digital home for football fans. It’s the place for football fan OPINION and DEBATE. Giving fans ALL the latest FOOTBALL NEWS and FAN OPINION personalised to them! Think Twitter for football. We’ve already secured partnerships with global brands such as Heineken, Betfair, Puma, and SportsDirect, with more big things on the way!
We are at the forefront of fan engagement and provide an excellent opportunity to learn and be a part of the rapidly growing London Tech scene. Despite only being just over a year old JAFA has grown exceptionally quickly and won a number of awards.
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. Our backend is based on Django.
You will also require database knowledge to modify and create existing tables as well as basic deployment knowledge for AWS.
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Integration of data storage solutions including databases (Postgres/MySQL)
• Ability to work with basic AWS services
Skills and Qualifications
• Expert in Python, with knowledge of Django
• Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
• Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
• Good understanding of server-side templating languages
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
• Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
• Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
• 5+ Years job experience